The Graphic Designer (Project Hire) develops signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts and Disney Cruise Line!
Orlando, Florida Area
Nov 20, 2023
The Graphic Designer (Project Hire) develops signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts and Disney Cruise Line! You will be reporting to the Concept Designer Principal.
This is a Project Hire position without any guarantee of permanent placement.
What You Will Do
- Support the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects
- Develop varied Architectural Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation
- Ensure the creative intent is achieved by integrating sign design with other subject areas and components of the facility exterior, interior and area development
- Prepare specific work including locating signs on base sheets and elevations; material call outs; drawing packages to describe the sign's look and fabrication, Production art; etc.
- Ensure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Provide support to multiple Architectural Graphic Design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Signage design information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform technical tasks and documentation including: plotting elevations, locating signs, reading and plotting floor and area development plans
- Make daily decisions on a scope of work with guidance from the Lead Graphic Designer
- Communicate and coordinate with others in the department, and multidiscipline project team
- May influence department or project team based on specific expertise or previous experience
- Coordinate and communicate Graphic Design issues within the Graphic Design team
- Support implementation of project goals through development of design solutions
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Graphic Design practice
- Knowledge of Sign Code requirements for facilities and Theme Park applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design in solving Architectural Graphic design challenges
- Proven track record in digital design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Architectural Graphic design, sign construction techniques, Wayfinding systems and programming
- Proficiency in Architectural Signage for different applications (hotels, restaurants, retail, and parking facilities)
- Knowledge of related areas, such as architecture, interior design and area development.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program or equivalent work experience required