The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Graphics Operator. They will be responsible for the live and taped coverage. Work with directors and producers to ensure all graphic elements are ready for air: correct spelling, functionality, format, and concept.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 25, 2024
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Graphics Operator. They will be responsible for the live and taped coverage. Execute the vision of the Scripps News, Court TV, and Scripps Sports Editorial Producers, while contributing technical expertise and creativity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with directors and producers to ensure all graphic elements are ready for air: correct spelling, functionality, format, and concept.
- Pre-show, use the newsroom system to review all graphics to confirm accuracy related to graphics elements.
- Coordinate with producer before each show on graphic needs, i.e. missing or incorrect elements.
- Communicate with director on channel assignments and designate output engines within playlist.
- Keep crew informed on the availability of each element. Producer & director must be notified of any spelling, functionality, or format errors related to individual graphic elements.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Design Group to test new templates and assets.
- Report show problems, equipment issues, and discrepancies to Director for Show Report
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associates degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in live television
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an effective learner, with a curiosity and desire to learn and understand the entire scope of needs in the studio and control room.
- Must work well under the pressure of a live broadcast.
- Possess strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate instructions during live broadcasts.