The Graphics Specialist is responsible for the creative collaboration, technical assessment, and prioritization of a variety of still and motion graphics and graphics packages for use by the HBO/HBOMax Marketing team.
The Graphics Specialist is responsible for the creative collaboration, technical assessment, and prioritization of a variety of still and motion graphics and graphics packages for use by the HBO/HBOMax Marketing team. They will work closely within the MarketingGFX team as well as the VFX team to assess, plan, design, and deliver graphic-based content used across all A/V platforms. They will also work closely with the Creative Services, Campaign Management, Digital Media Production, and Finishing teams. The Graphics Specialist will collaborate closely with producers from Creative Services to assist with the creative and aesthetic design of custom-built graphic packages. From a technical and operational standpoint, they will work with the DMP and Campaign Management teams to prioritize asset creation as well as assess all third-party After Effects projects acquired from outside vendors to ensure that they can be utilized in-house (e.g., identifying fonts, plug-ins, etc. that may be needed).
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Assist Marketing A/V producers with the design and execution of both motion and still video graphics
- Assess incoming After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, & Cinema 4D projects from outside vendors to ensure that those projects can be used in-house to create additional graphic elements and then work with those projects to provide secondary assets
- Create designs and toolkits for smaller campaigns from scratch
- Work alongside other design teams such as the VFX team, Interactive Design, and Creative Service design to organize and send projects and archive final renders
- Work with the key art team and/or digital library to obtain layered files to extract items needed for video assets and/or title treatments
- Work closely with the Project Management team to prioritize graphics requests
- Maintain and regularly organize the HBO Marketing graphics servers to ensure that all projects and renders are accessible to all who need them and then are properly archived
Qualifications & Experience…
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Graphics/Post-Production facility
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Adobe InDesign, and/or Avid Media Composer is a plus
- Experience working with creative clients
- Strong technical background as it relates to graphic design tools and workflows
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to juggle many projects at once, pivot on a moment’s notice and remain organized and professional
Pay Range: $50,960.00 - $94,640.00 salary per year.