Atlanta Film Festival is seeking a Guest Services Coordinator, who will be solely responsible for arranging all travel, accommodation, and other hospitality services as needed for guests of the festival, including visiting filmmakers and industry representatives.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 31, 2023
Feb 05, 2024
May 24, 2024
ATLFF is seeking a Guest Services Coordinator, who will be solely responsible for arranging all travel, accommodation, and other hospitality services as needed for guests of the festival, including visiting filmmakers and industry representatives. The Guest Services Coordinator will also manage and coach guest services liaisons during the festival to ensure and provide flawless, upscale, and professional guest service experiences to filmmakers, conference and industry guests and sponsors. This position reports to the ATLFS Programming Director but also works closely with various other teams and members including but not limited to Marketing team, Business team, Operations Director, Conference Director, and Executive Director. Ideal candidates should be expert written communicators and proficient in data tools including Google Sheets and Airtable. Previous professional experience booking travel is a requirement.
- Book travel and hotel for festival guests including filmmakers, jury members, Creative Conference and sponsors attendees
- Oversee and coordinate all arrivals and departures of special guests
- Communicate with and track details for individuals and organizations who are arranging their travel/hotel independently of the festival
- Work with sponsorship and business team to manage relationships and arrangements with hotels and other ATLFF travel and hospitality partners
- Manage and maximize travel, hotel and hospitality resources to stay within budget and service the greatest number of festival guests.
- Track travel and hotel information for all guests
- Track filmmaker attendance at the festival, and collaborate with relevant departments on filmmaker participation in post-film Q&A sessions, ATLFF Creative Conference, and special events
- Coordinate with producers and distributors for marquee films, including opening and closing-night films, on special requirements and requests, related press, and all related festival obligations agreed upon between parties
- Coordinate and communicate special events and programs for filmmakers and special guests
- Work with ticketing to assist filmmakers in securing tickets for their respective screenings
- Coordinate with executive director, board members and appropriate staff to specifically identify qualified persons to serve as special liaisons with high profile/special guests.
- Regularly update master database with festival guests, dates in attendance, events guest will participate in, guests’ titles/roles and level of festival participation (filmmaker, distributor, sponsor, etc.)
- Share guest attendance document with festival staff, public relations, board members and identified festival partners
- Work with programming and ticketing to create, manage and track guest accreditation and credentials
- Create and manage a travel tracking document for all guests
- Work with Executive Director and appropriate staff to outline duties/hours of filmmaker liaisons
- Work with appropriate staff to recruit filmmaker liaisons
- Work with appropriate staff to develop basic filmmaker and guest etiquette for all volunteers
- Work with appropriate staff to assemble VIP Guest gift bags
- Oversee onsite guest services and guest check-in to ensure it’s properly staffed, has the required resources
- Assist with proofing of festival communications featuring filmmaker and guest information, including ATLFF online film guide and ticketing, and any additional materials created featuring filmmaker and guest info
TIMEFRAME & HOURS:
This is a seasonal position that lasts between February - May, 2024. The Coordinator is expected to work on some evenings and weekends and be onsite for all days of the 46th Atlanta Film Festival (April 25 - May 5, 2024).