Responsible for applying makeup and prosthetics to aesthetically enhance celebrities, performers, individuals, entertainers, or for special events. Work independently or with a team. May also style hair.
Hair / Makeup
Greater Atlanta Area
Feb 17, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Apply makeup to clients using a color palette and different tools such as mascara, sponges, eyebrow shapers, lip liners, brushes, and applicators.
- Work with clients to create various looks.
- Work on theatrical productions, movie sets, photography shoots, backstage at concerts, or on television shows.
- Style hair according to makeup.
- Set makeup with hairspray or other setting material.
- Apply touchups as necessary.
- Remove makeup from clothes if some is transferred.
- Use photographs or models for reference when consulting with clients on ideal look.
- Apply prosthetics on movie sets.
- Read scripts to ascertain the materials and the look required.
- Sketch designs for future looks.
- Purchase cosmetics and applicators from vendors and negotiate prices.
- Ensure makeup looks natural and well-applied under different lighting.
- Match skin color to color palettes to determine best looks.
- Suggest skin care routines.
- Fit wigs and hairpieces.
- Wipe off makeup and reapply if client is unsatisfied.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- High school or equivalent GED required
- Cosmetology school preferred
- Based on state requirements may need license for hair and makeup maybe required
WHO YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent communication skills
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure.