The Head of Production, Adult Swim / Cartoon Network is responsible for running the Production Team across [adult swim] and Cartoon Network.
Greater Atlanta Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 29, 2022
This position is responsible for building out the production team, building out, or enhancing operational processes and capabilities to ensure a modern, flexible, smart production approach for all series, specials, long forms, and pilots for linear, streaming, and digital. This position will oversee a team producing with outside studios, 3rd party and in-house for both networks in all media, for all platforms, globally. This leader is a key member of the executive team and actively supports both the kid and adult animation businesses for WBD.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Oversees the team responsible for all Animation Production (Series, long forms, specials, pilots) for Cartoon Network and [adult swim]. The team stewards the budgets and schedules of 20-30 series annually.
- This position is responsible for in-house content production, production run through 3rd party studios and operates as chief production consultant for as/CN on all production properties produced with independent studios/contractors.
- Works with the Head of Cartoon Network and [adult swim] to ensure the content remains true to the vision and integrity of the creator and ultimately the networks.
- A main focus will be to evaluate existing processes and systems, and revise, add and normalize operational infrastructure across the group’s entire activity to increase efficacy, scale the team’s work, ensure on time delivery to relevant markets globally for day and date releases, and create the smartest, overall production approach.
- The position will work with the constituent teams across WBD to set up and maintain systems to span from development through global delivery, with relevant reporting and tracking systems to inform a global set of partners.
- This position will build out a post-production team/ approach, standardizing production management, deliverables, technical specs, etc.
- This position will also be a main resource for the business leads on guild relationships, tax incentives, ensuring and optimizing production capacity globally.
- Responsible for building a results-oriented and flexible team that is responsible for all production of content for Cartoon Network and [adult swim].
- Builds and grows the team so that CN and [as] continue to attract artists and empowers the best, brightest and most diverse talent to partner with us to tell their stories.
- Fosters open communications, encourages a participative team-oriented approach to production and serves as a leader that promotes creativity, innovation, and the desire to be the best.
- Work with entire senior exec team across Networks to ensure that the production team is tied into the larger business needs for the organization.
- This position maintains internal contacts with senior executives across the company, including the leads for the following: Content, Finance, Legal, Business Ops, Human Resources, Facilities, Marketing, Communications, and Talent Management.
Qualifications & Experience…
- A minimum of fifteen years’ experience in animation production, and experience in developing and maintaining workflow/production management systems.
- An undergraduate degree in business or extensive professional experience in the industry.
- Extensive experience in the following areas: Post-Production, Overseas Production, Workflow/production management systems, Production Management, Production Budgeting, Cost Accounting, Relationships within the creative community, Awareness of current technologies, Interpersonal Skills, Legal Contracts
Pay Range: $272,720.00 - $506,480.00 salary per year.