The HR Specialist for the Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology team works with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks/projects and maintain HRIS data integrity in support of the people objectives of the business.
The HR Specialist for the Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology team works with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks/projects and maintain HRIS data integrity in support of the people objectives of the business. They provide support to HRBPs, employees, and leaders on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes, and practices. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions, and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. The person in this role has the ability to take ambiguous situations and provide clarity. This role is expected to assess, prioritize, and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
What You Will Do
- Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures, to include: Position management – in partnership with Global HR Operations (GHRO) and the segment org management team; Organizational chart management for client areas (where applicable as this is sometimes done by the business); Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as lunch & learns, partnership on townhalls, new hire welcome lunches, speaker series, etc.; Providing information to leaders and HRBPs in the development of talent solutions, resources for career development, client specific learning opportunities, and/or job descriptions for recruitment; Proactively documenting, maintaining, and organizing area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across the client group and cross-functional HR partners.
- Ongoing reporting, analysis, and auditing of employee data to ensure accuracy across areas such as open/filled roles, job families, job levels, position and worker locations, PTO, cost centers, variable labor, turnover, and hires.
- Create reports and/or presentations that discuss the findings of a research effort or project – be able to present information and show key findings to a variety of leaders, peers, clients, and partners.
- In partnership with GHRO, support onboarding related activities with a focus on coaching managers with the onboarding plans and strategy for integration (i.e. new manager assimilation needs, key talent information).
- In partnership with GHRO and leadership, coordinate offboarding related activities – to include HR partnership on sensitive separations, etc.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in an HR client facing professional role
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner both internally and externally
- Demonstrates business orientation and acumen – understands the dynamics of the business and supports/drives HR practices
- Experience with or working knowledge of HR systems, policies, and processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to effectively manage project work while balancing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Team player who quickly builds trust with business leaders as well as other HR partners
- Approachable style – able to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment while being flexible, adaptable, and demonstrating an ability to problem solve
- Proactive and action-oriented mindset
- Intellectually curious, quick learner interested in learning the business – asks questions to better understand the business and proactively seek innovative solutions to improve processes or solve problems
- Proven ability to work with confidential information while exercising sound judgment and decision making
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Advanced skills with Excel and/or PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday and/or SAP
- Experience with Smartsheet, Airtable
- Experience working with technology teams
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $57,900 to $77,500 per year.