The Operations & Technology Human Resources team at NBCUniversal is looking for a high-energy, results-driven and innovative HR Assistant.
The role is a perfect launch pad for someone interested in a career in HR, providing experience in generalist and specialist work in addition to broad exposure to the enterprise-wide HR organization at NBCUniversal.
We support the Operations & Technology organization at NBCUniversal comprised of cross-functional and highly skilled teams focused on delivering world-class capabilities to meet the company’s strategic priorities. Professionals in our organization work in content production, technical operations, distribution, engineering, technology, facilities, finance, security and real estate both in the US and around the globe.
In this role, you will be a key point of contact for our HR team, providing high-level administrative support to the Global Head of Human Resources and broad project and HR generalist support to the organization. You will also have exposure to HR projects that span: onboarding, rewards and recognition, performance feedback, talent attraction and development, and HR’s business impact. In the day to day, you will help solve problems involving: Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, Finance and Data Analytics.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Head of Human Resources including calendar management, communications, meeting logistics & coordination, travel arrangements and expenses
- Serve as primary expert for all HR systems and transactions to keep our business running
- Serve as security lead for Operations & Technology HR team’s access to systems
- Manage regular and ad hoc reporting on workforce metrics and organization charts
- Work on special projects as needed, contributing to Operations & Technology and companywide initiatives
- Analyze data for a complex organization of over 5000 people, synthesizing it into a cohesive and compelling story
- Serve as a point person on our HR policies and practices helping to answer employee’s questions about payroll, benefits, work-life balance, employee perks, and company policy
- Assist onboarding new hires – getting the legal part done but also making for a great start to their new career
- Assist in processing HR transactions such as job postings, promotions, transfers, etc.
- Keep the Operations & Technology HR team in compliance, up to date and ready for any task or project
- Keep the team ahead of the curve through proactive industry awareness and research
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Labor Relations or related field
- 1 year of experience in a professional work setting preferably in the recruiting, talent development or HR fields
- Trustworthy – You will have a high level of access to confidential employee and business information and will maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Service Minded – You put employee needs first
- Systems savvy – You’re proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and intuitively navigate HR systems
- Analytical – You’ve never met a data point you didn’t like. You enjoy telling stories and drawing insights through numbers.
- Communicates with ease – You have a way with words; written and verbal
- Agile - Extremely flexible and able to shift priorities as needed and manage several work streams at a time.
- Resourceful – If you don’t have the answer, you figure it out. You’re comfortable navigating a complex environment to obtain information and seek buy-in.
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $40,000 - $52,000