WGN-TV in Chicago is seeking an IT Engineer to join the Engineering department. Install, maintain and troubleshoot Windows, MacOS and Linux systems in News, Creative Services and other departments.
WGN-TV in Chicago is seeking an IT Engineer to join the Engineering department. If you're interested in a challenging and exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technical infrastructure, and supporting both a number 1 rated broadcast station and a newly launched national news network, this is your gig! The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role. This position reports to the Manager of Information Technology at WGN-TV/NewsNation-Chicago.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot Windows, MacOS and Linux systems in News, Creative Services and other departments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Microsoft Office 365 applications and plug-ins.
- Manage and Maintain News production server systems, News content storage and playout systems, graphics and editing systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and resolve issues with Adobe Creative Cloud installations and associated plug-ins.
- Repair/replace/install computer hardware including hard disk storage units, memory, peripherals, etc.
- Perform backups and restorations on critical broadcast hardware including high performance RAID storage systems.
- Configure and troubleshoot IP networks, some operating at 10Gbps and higher with geographically distributed systems and servers.
- Install and configure network routers and switches in coordination with Corporate IT.
- Support multiple local and remote users in a mission-critical environment.
- Assist the Manager of IT in budgeting and planning.
- A degree in IT technology or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Information Technology background and networking skills required.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions and disciplines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support of live news (i.e. nights, weekends and some holidays.)
- Microsoft and Networking certifications are a plus.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to handle mission critical situations and lead the way in resolving issues quickly.
Applicant must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for approximately 100 feet. Some climbing, kneeling and crawling may be required. Manual dexterity needed to operate keyboards, mice, pushbuttons, manipulate tools and operate equipment. Position requires a driver’s license and must be capable of safely operating company vehicles when required, and have good vision and hearing for satisfactory task completion, proper signal monitoring, and safe vehicle operations.
Position is based at the WGN-TV studios located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!