The Jr. Publicist, Digital Marketing collaborates with their team VP to build earned media for our films in the digital space.
This includes three core objectives:
1. Managing our online press, outlets, podcasts, and portal sites to maximize the exposure for our films.
2. Manage all influencer marketing tactics including paid and unpaid activations, and identify opportunities to scale activations globally with the international territories.
3. Leveraging our filmmakers and talent in the execution of items 1 and 2.
Strong communication skills are crucial. The Digital Jr. Publicist must excel at communicating to high-level talent our digital campaign needs. They must be out-of-the box thinkers and have strong working knowledge of key digital influencers. They need to be grace under pressure and collaborate with their VP to problem solve when necessary. This person will be instrumental in helping their team craft a global digital strategy for our films, while working with the national and field publicity teams to ensure all areas of the publicity spectrum are in sync with campaign objectives. Essential
- Ideate and execute custom content opportunities that integrate talent and influencers.
- Ideate global influencer strategies for every title and communicate the concept(s) to international territories. Execute concept(s) at a domestic level while offering support for in-territory executions.
- Secure targeted editorial features with portal and niche online outlets with unique pitches.
- Secure placements for poster, trailer and clips in close coordination with International and National publicity teams.
- Identify new opportunities for potential digital PR activities within online media outlets, social platforms, blogs, new and emerging apps, and YouTube.
- Strategic planning with creative, media and social teams.
- Oversee press event planning, staffing and management on behalf of Digital Marketing Team.
- Create, update and present campaign results to extended Marketing teams.
- Compile daily news updates for internal marketing staff.
- Compose e-mail blast and press releases for webmasters.
- Create and maintain weekly publicity status reports and quote documents.
- Generate and manage information for filmmaker presentation decks
- 3+ years of experience in the entertainment industry, in theatrical publicity/marketing
- Experience working with multiple clients, departments, etc.
- Flexibility to maintain ever-changing schedules and itineraries
- Able to work well under pressure and remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based software: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be extremely detailed and organized
- Interested candidates must submit a resume online to be considered
- Must be willing to join the Local 600 union
- Must be willing and able to work screenings, premieres and press junkets including on evenings and weekends
- Must be willing and able to travel for press junkets, set visits, premieres and conventions
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary Range: $112,645.52 - $127,774.92