You will work closely with the video team and wider Hearst Play team to develop concepts, prepare and execute shoots, and produce edits to a high editorial standard.
London, United Kingdom
May 17, 2022
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understand our in-house brands, and the individual client requirements for each project across a range of genres – documentary, fashion, beauty, fitness, lifestyle etc.
- Support the sourcing of necessary kit and crew for shoots, with an eye on budgets.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Manager/Producer on shoot schedules.
- Direct talent on set along with the Content Editor, making sure they understand the brief and feel supported.
- Research, investigate and use innovative production techniques to elevate the quality of production.
- Keep branded video in mind, both as a creator and viewer, looking for new ways to engage audiences and adapt our output as and when necessary.
- Edit to a good standard - source music, create graphics, colour balance, grade and mix to create fully crafted video pieces, with an eye for editorial voice and current video styles/trends.
- Support the video team with research for projects/campaigns and workflow tasks.
- Work with all departments and communicate effectively to make sure all projects align across print and digital, and all assets are delivered on time and in budget.
The perfect candidate will have skills in:
- Self-shooting and directing, helping with shoot co-ordination and working with talent/clients.
- Sourcing kit and crew as well as confidently collaborating with the wider team on a shoot.
- Editing with a library of previous experience that shows an ability to adapt, working with different voices and styles, and finding new ways of telling familiar stories.
- Understanding of visual trends across branded content and advertising media.
- Thinking creatively/laterally, making the most of budgets and finding new visual approaches to editorial concepts.
- Willing to learn and develop with a view to bringing new skills to the team.
- Presenting concepts in meetings with internal departments, or external clients, good face-to-face and phone manner.