The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter.
To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we offer both virtual and in-person internship opportunities for the Spring 2023 semester, and all internships will be part-time (approximately 16-24 hours per week). Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we are now offering interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
Spring 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: October 5, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023*
- Exact end date may vary based upon each show’s production schedule.
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
Late Night with Seth Meyers - “Late Night with Seth Meyers” is home to A-list celebrity guests, memorable comedy and topical monologue jokes. It is hosted by Emmy Award-winning writer and one of the 2014 TIME 100, Time magazine’s 100 most influential people, Seth Meyers. Previously, Meyers served as head writer on “Saturday Night Live” and anchor on the show’s wildly popular “Weekend Update.” An established comedian, Meyers is known for his perfectly timed wit and off-the-cuff satire. Meyers' fellow "Saturday Night Live" cast member and friend Fred Armisen serves as music director/drummer for the house band, The 8G Band with Fred Armisen.
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" made its debut from Studio 6B in Rockefeller Center on Feb. 17, 2014. Emmy Award- and Grammy Award-winning comedian Jimmy Fallon brings a high-tempo energy to the storied NBC franchise with his welcoming interview style, love of audience participation, spot-on impersonations and innovative sketches. For almost 60 years, "The Tonight Show" has been an American television institution home to big-name celebrity guests and top musical and comedic talent. Taking a cue from predecessors, including hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, Fallon carries on the tradition audiences know and love.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Passion for television entertainment space
- Prior social marketing/content creation experience is a plus
- Ability to multitask and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous internship experience within a corporate setting