DreamWorks is dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within the animation industry. The LAUNCH Fellowship Program is a virtual talent development initiative that offers an 8-week curriculum of various workshops, courses, and speaker series designed to open up pathways for students from a diverse set of backgrounds to pursue a career in animation.
DreamWorks is dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within the animation industry. Our talent development programs aim to identify and support driven and passionate students from underrepresented backgrounds. Our talent development programs aim to identify and support driven and passionate students from underrepresented communities, including individuals from varied socioeconomic backgrounds or geographies, and/or who are racially or ethnically diverse, different genders or gender identities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, disabled, and/or military veterans.
The LAUNCH Fellowship Program is a virtual talent development initiative that offers an 8-week curriculum of various workshops, courses, and speaker series designed to open up pathways for students from a diverse set of backgrounds to pursue a career in animation.
Fellows will have the opportunity to build their professional network, attend weekly workshops, and receive mentorship from experienced professionals at DreamWorks. This program is open to students and recent graduates from a variety of backgrounds, with a focus on creating opportunities for underrepresented individuals. A stipend is offered to all Fellows upon the successful completion of the program.
LAUNCH Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: January 22, 2024 11:59PM PT
Program Dates: February 26, 2024 - April 19, 2024
How to Apply
- Upload a Resume
- Upload a Cover Letter in the Additional Attachments section answering the following questions:
- Can you commit to meeting 90 minutes every week on Wednesdays 2PM PT / 5PM ET from February 26 - April 19?
In 500 words:
Share your motivation for seeking a fellowship with DreamWorks Animation. What aspects of animation, children/family programming, and/or DreamWorks inspire your interest? Express your passion for joining our studio and contributing to the world of storytelling.
Describe the specific career paths within entertainment/animation that capture your interest. How do you envision yourself making a meaningful impact in these areas, and what drives your passion for pursuing a career in this industry?
DreamWorks is committed to amplifying the voices of underrepresented communities through storytelling. In your own words, articulate the importance of sharing narratives from diverse perspectives. Explain how you see yourself creatively contributing to the storytelling process and adding unique perspectives to the stories DreamWorks tells.
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”
- Participate in weekly online workshops focusing on various topics to enhance your understanding of animation, production processes, and the intricacies of DreamWorks TV and Feature pipelines.
- Engage in regular meetings with a dedicated LAUNCH Mentor to receive personalized guidance and motivation. Collaboratively identify and set career goals while exploring relevant resources to support your professional development journey.
Basic Qualifications: “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pursuing Bachelor or Graduate degree or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
- Ability to commit to 8 weeks of this virtual program
- Commit to attending most, if not all, of the weekly virtual workshops offered
- Must have own equipment (computer, headphones, etc.) and stable Internet connection
Desired Qualifications: “What can I offer?”
- Curiosity about Feature or TV Animation
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of DreamWorks TV and Feature animation properties and franchise