The Pipeline Technical Director for Max and the Midknights will recommend new directions and technologies for the project and develop new tools and rigs used by in‐house artists and production teams.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 07, 2023
- The Pipeline Technical Director for Max and the Midknights will recommend new directions and technologies for the project and develop new tools and rigs used by in‐house artists and production teams.
- Tools and rigs are developed to be flexible and work on multiple shows (existing and future shows), integrate with existing tools and systems, and be able to be sent to vendor studios.
- The Lead Character Technical Director will work alongside the Nickelodeon Character Supervisor and MAX CG Supervisor to develop tools for the pipeline and meet their needs. The Lead Character Technical Director will communicate all designs, plans, and approaches for new tools to the members of the Research and Development team.
Responsibilities also include working with vendor studios to plan, direct, and supervise development of tools and rigs built by the vendor for the vendor studio.
- Character set-up, rigging, weighting, and skinning.
- Script new tools and implement new techniques.
- Extend and maintain existing tools.
- Attend review sessions with the teams to gather feedback on tools usage, bugs, and feature requests.
- Review and give notes on rigs from vendor studio.
- Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
- The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in the rigging process, pipeline, and be able to develop tools and systems to assist the character team.
- Open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
- Ability to work well in a team, take feedback in a respectful manner, and work collaboratively with other TDs.
- In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
- Great aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
- Must have experience using Maya to build complex rigs and tool sets.
- Must have experience building FBX rigs and tools for Unreal Engine pipelines.
- Proficiency in Python.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games.
- Proficiency in C++
Weekly Hiring Salary Range: $1970.4 - 2100.0.