Bristol, Connecticut: The Lead Effects Artist, a Creative Studio position, will be an expert on design and animation project creation responsibilities that supports and enhances creative content in the editing chair.
The Lead Effects Artist, a Creative Studio position, will be an expert on design and animation project creation responsibilities that supports and enhances creative content in the editing chair. The aspects of design and animation project creation include the following areas; lead projects, collaboration with Production partners, review of editors work in order to provide feedback, and training.
They utilize design tools and software such as Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema4D, etc. They develop personnel, projects, and individual skillsets that propel Edit, Animation and Creative Studio into the future. The Lead Effects Artist is deadline driven and prioritizes projects and initiatives with production partners and collaborators.
- Leads custom design and animation projects individually and as a part of the EditFX team.
- Responsible for developing editors’ After Effects skillset in conjunction with EditFX and template workflows.
- Maintain a knowledge of expert custom design, technology, editing and animation trends to stay up to date with the industry.
- Develop creative opportunities with production partners and collaborators
- to ensure an efficient provision of resources and personnel to achieve desired results.
- Will write and provide feedback to editors and management in training initiatives and project contributions.
- Oversees, edits, and designs in a wide range of assignments and equipment
- within the EditFX environment at an expert level.
- Expert knowledge of linear, digital and social media workflows, equipment,
- and troubleshooting practices.
- Recommend adjustments as well as project needs while maintaining
- maximum creativity and flexibility.
- Assist the team in implementing development initiatives to improve creativity and competency of the editing staff.
- Must have the ability to train and learn new techniques and software platforms that aligns with industry needs and trends.
- Must have an expert knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and software issues.
- A minimum of 6 years of graphic design, animation or related experience.
- Expert skills in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines is critical.
- Candidates must have expert computer background (MS Office, Slack, Work Front, file formatting, etc.)
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to work overtime and alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
- Has in-depth understanding/background in non-linear editing.
- Has in-depth knowledge and can further develop in graphic design and manipulation.
- Expert understanding of custom graphic design creation.
- Knowledge of PC or Mac operating systems.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Post Production, Communications, Graphic Design, Animation, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience