Motive is looking for a technical artist to help oversee the rendering related aspects of an open world action adventure AAA title.
Nov 15, 2023
Motive is looking for a technical artist to help oversee the rendering related aspects of an open world action adventure AAA title. This position requires high-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills; the ability to work with the art and rendering teams to drive the development of new engine features and to guide the content creation to maximize what is available. The candidate must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator.
- Lead and mentor a team of technical artists, providing guidance, feedback, and support to ensure the successful execution of rendering and art tasks.
- Collaborate with directors and other stakeholders to establish and maintain the visual standards and performance benchmarks for the game.
- Define and implement rendering techniques, shading models, lighting setups, and post-processing effects to achieve the desired visual quality and artistic vision.
- Develop and maintain efficient art pipelines, guide and tutor art staff on project best practices.
- Participate in art reviews, with an eye towards identifying technical divergences or opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between the rendering technical art team and other disciplines, effectively communicating technical requirements and collaborating on cross-disciplinary initiatives.
- Guide and conduct performance profiling and optimization to maintain optimal frame rates and memory usage on target platforms.
- Collaborate with other game teams within the company to share best practices and technology.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and techniques in rendering, real-time graphics, and art pipelines, and explore innovative approaches to improve the visual quality of the game.
- Extensive experience as a Technical Artist in the gaming industry, with a focus on rendering and art pipelines.
- Proficient in Unreal Engine 5 and real time rendering capabilities, with a strong understanding of advanced rendering technologies.
- Solid understanding of art creation pipelines and the ability to collaborate effectively with artists, animators, and other disciplines.
- Strong programming/scripting skills (e.g., Python, C++, HLSL) to develop and optimize shaders, materials, and art pipelines.
- Familiarity with performance profiling and optimization techniques to achieve optimal frame rates and memory usage.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of technical artists, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Passion for making games look and play great.