We are looking for a Lead Texture Artist to create the textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sep 27, 2022
What You’ll Do
- Work unaccompanied and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Create complicated textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production
- Set up asset pipeline following Supervisor’s specifications; in absence of Texture Supervisor, assume governing role over Texture team and ensures correct Texture pipeline set-up
- Participate as a team member in identifying various design solutions; provide feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Provide Texture feedback and oversight for Third Party Partners
- Work by one’s self, with input from Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD's, to achieve desired look of Photo real models.
- Mentor Junior and mid-level Artists
- Maintain or exceed consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
What We’re Looking For
- BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Bodypaint. Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines.
Nice to have:
- Modeling skills a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules