Nexstar Media Inc.’s Portland, Oregon, operation – KRCW/Portland’s CW and KOIN-TV – is looking for a Lifestyle Show Production Assistant (Part Time) for its hour-long weekday lifestyle show Everyday Northwest.
Live Event / On Location Services
Portland, Oregon Area
Nov 03, 2023
Nexstar Media Inc.’s Portland, Oregon, operation – KRCW/Portland’s CW and KOIN-TV – is looking for a Lifestyle Show Production Assistant (Part Time) for its hour-long weekday lifestyle show Everyday Northwest. You’ll support daily production of our lifestyle program. You will develop and organize daily segments for lifestyle brands, work in studio and in the field to support production of daily content. Writing, shooting, and editing are key elements of this position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with daily production of lifestyle and news programs and specials
- Research and pitch segment ideas
- Manage the show calendar
- Assist in control booth
- Fill in for Lifestyle Producer to oversee program development and on air as needed.
- Identify content opportunities amongst lifestyle brands and digital platforms
- Helps prepare for large scale station events by gathering materials/gear/equipment.
- Assists with on-site promotions in the community including setup/tear down and event management.
- Attend shoots/live productions to assist with video production.
- Help assist lifestyle team with planning and prep work of large-scale station projects.
- Assist in content creation for lifestyle websites/social platforms/TV as needed.
- Training lifestyle interns
- Coordination with sales team and creative services
- Booking local community segments along with sales segments
- Mic guests and help with camera operation when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and self-managing
- Driven personality forwarding goal setting
- Skilled in small tech mobile shooting and editing
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- BS/BA from an accredited four-year university or related work experience
- Training/Equipment: Must be proficient MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strongly preferred experience with AP ENPS and Ross Xpression.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. May be required to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). Occasional travel will be required. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Position may also require work in extreme outdoor temperatures.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.