Our Lighting artists are an integral part of the storytelling process, using their keen eye to manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oct 11, 2023
Our Lighting artists are an integral part of the storytelling process, using their keen eye to manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic. We are looking for artists who thrive in a team environment. This includes the ability to share ideas and also to be open to ideas within the team.
Hybrid and Remote opportunities for our Vancouver Studio are specific to remote work within the province of British Columbia.
- Light, render and composite shots to bring together various elements of a shot; for example, characters, props, environments, FX and crowds, into beautiful images that meet the vision of the Directors, Production Designers, the Director of Cinematography-Lighting and Lighting Supervisors
- Present shots in dailies, effectively communicate issues regarding shots, and deliver top-notch work within production deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Animation, Digital Media, Computer Science, related field or equivalent industry experience
- Thorough understanding of composition, color, contrast, and lighting design
- Notable production experience with 3D lighting and compositing on animated/VFX feature films and/or Episodic TV series as demonstrated through an online portfolio/reel
- Able to match/interpret art and photographic references provided by the Production Designer, Art Director and the Director of Cinematography
- Possess a strong visual aesthetic, and display the ability to overcome artistic challenges
- Working knowledge of a node-based compositing system (such as Nuke) required
- Production experience with physically based ray/path-tracers such as Renderman, Arnold, V-ray or similar renderers
- Experience with industry standard DCCs such as Maya, Katana, Houdini or similar
- Eager to learn and adapt to proprietary lighting-rendering pipeline applications and workflows
- Working experience within a Unix and/or Linux platform
- Programming/Scripting/Tool-building experience is a plus
- Strong visual and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including taking direction from show leadership
- Strong communication skills and willing to mentor newer artists