Under the general direction of the Manager – Line Producers, the HSN Line Producer is responsible for on-air show execution and optimization of airtime and product sales.
Who we are
Execute TV Sales strategy, along with Sales Basics, and lead the Broadcast Team in carrying out these objectives. Strategize product presentations with the Hosts, Coordinating Producer’s, Backstage, Planners, and Control Room. Look out for Top 20 items on the day. Call for and lead Production Meetings. Solicit input from other teams. Challenge and delegate tasks, with follow-up and next action steps.
- Make decisions to maximize sales, increase viewership and make the live show as “watchable” as possible
- Provide real time feedback to team supervisors, Hosts and guests
- Direct all elements of the show
- Problem solve on the fly, be well prepared, organized, and a good communicator
- Using support systems (Retek, RTR screens, variant summary screens) observe and capture what makes caller volumes increase
- Tease and promote upcoming shows, products, guests, and events
- Monitor the energy level of the show
- Complete timely and thorough Broadcast Reports, with accountable next action steps.
- Communicate; through Broadcast Reports, what makes caller volumes increase. Support the team with feedback for their shift. Provide coaching and feedback for the supervisors and the Hosts.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Five years live Broadcasting experience
- Strong knowledge of live Television Production, basic understanding of Marketing and Sales
- Understands TV Sales strategy and the importance of planning
- Access and enter information quickly and accurately using and automated system
- Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Proactive in solving problems
- Display leadership skills
- Display incredible initiative
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comprehend and apply complex information