MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for SYMONE. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 24, 2023
- Assist Senior Producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
- Serve as backup Senior Producer.
- Oversee daily rundown changes.
- Supervise editorial content of newscast.
- Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
- Write news scripts and teases.
- Work with show director and production crew.
- Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
- Work with Senior Producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
- Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
- Initiate planning process.
In Control Room:
- Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
- Preview upcoming stories and segments.
- Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you’s.
- Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
- Time newscast.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
- Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
- Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
- Strong writing skills.
- Expert tease writer.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $110,000-$125,000.