Lead the creative planning, coordination, and execution of all aspects of Chicago Blackhawks home and road remote production under the supervision of the Executive Producer of Live Events.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Jun 02, 2023
- Lead the creative planning, coordination, and execution of all aspects of Chicago Blackhawks home and road remote production under the supervision of the Executive Producer of Live Events.
- Contribute to the creation of content within the “one Content Team” philosophy – multi-platform, social and pre- and post-game shows.
- Develop and maintain a positive collaborative relationship with broadcast on-air talent
- Supervise, communicate with, and motivate all above-the-line and production crews to reach maximum performance.
- Work with Live Event Operations in evolutions of workflow and technological integrations.
- Build and maintain external relationships with Team and League broadcast personnel, mobile unit production vendors, crewing services and data and statistics providers.
- Build and maintain internal relationships with all content, sales, marketing, creative services and engineering departments.
- Be knowledgeable of emerging technologies to improve the level of innovation and encourage effective workflow methods of live production.
- During the off-season, in addition to serving as a regular Blackhawks content team contributor, serving sporadically as a traveling producer for other NBC Sports Chicago teams including the White Sox.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Producer of Live Remote Events
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in live sports broadcasts
- Solid base knowledge of remote television production equipment and operations workflow.
- Strong editorial base knowledge of the NHL and other major U.S. and Canadian sports leagues and teams
- Flexible hours with the ability to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Need to work onsite in Chicago IL, and travel if necessary
- Working knowledge of digital video and social media production a plus
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter interested in and able to excel in rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with high energy and a teamwork mentality
- Hard work ethic, positive attitude and strong organizational skills a must
- Openness to evolution of workflow based on changing industry and company climates