At Lucasfilm, we believe that Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is key to market relevance, that we are a better company when our people at all levels reflect the life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all people are valued and encouraged! This intern will report to the Manager of D&I and support department projects and campaigns. You will act as a resource supporting company-wide initiatives to meet business objectives.
San Francisco Bay Area
Feb 09, 2024
Jun 10, 2024
Aug 30, 2024
At Lucasfilm, we believe that Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is key to market relevance, that we are a better company when our people at all levels reflect the life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all people are valued and encouraged!
This intern will report to the Manager of D&I and support department projects and campaigns. You will act as a resource supporting company-wide initiatives to meet business objectives. You will play a role in the day-to-day workflow strengthening the company's D&I vision and commitment for inclusion, diversity and belonging within all of our lines of businesses including Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm Animation, Industrial Light & Magic, ILM Immersive and Skywalker Sound.
What You Will Do
- Draft outlines, review and compile content as needed, collaborate with the D&I team
- Research and support planning for the upcoming global observance/cultural heritage holidays
- Work in collaboration with D&I Manager to develop/research Pride Month (June), Juneteenth (6/19), Disability Pride Month (July), Parents Day (7/24), Disability Independence Day (7/26), Women’s Equality Day (8/26) content
- Assist D&I Manager with supporting Employee Resource Group requests, organization and transitions
- Help development of PowerPoint presentations and executive summaries
- Support special projects such as the working on the department newsletter, resource hub and internal microsite
- Build D&I databases, provide insights on project related inquiries, etc.
- Develop toolkit drafts to support dedicated resource hub resources
- Attend relevant meetings, capture notes, and follow up with recap emails
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Broad understanding of Film & Entertainment Industry
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Impressive organizational skills
- Strong, direct, and interpersonal communication style
- Proficiency in Zoom and Google Suite (i.e., Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Ability to prepare presentation materials
- Comprehension of Diversity and Inclusion
- Understanding of the Lucasfilm IP
- Experience in WordPress and Elementor
- Proficiency in Mailchimp and graphic design platforms such as Canva and/or Photoshop
- Corporate company experience (or similar experience), preferably within the Studio or related creative environment
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024- August 2024.
- Must provide own housing during the internship program in the San Francisco area
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
The pay rate for this internship in CA is $21.70 per hour.