The TMZ Tour is seeking a Manager of Business Development and Marketing to join the TMZ Tour team. The ideal candidate will assist TMZ management with the launch and growth of TMZ Tour concepts while spearheading marketing efforts across all channels, including organic, paid, social, search, and third-party travel aggregators.
The TMZ Tour is seeking a Manager of Business Development and Marketing to join the TMZ Tour team. The ideal candidate will assist TMZ management with the launch and growth of TMZ Tour concepts while spearheading marketing efforts across all channels, including organic, paid, social, search, and third-party travel aggregators. This position will also play a key role in expanding the TMZ Tour into other cities. If you are passionate about building a successful business within one of the most recognized, respected, and well-known media organizations, this position may be for you.
We’re looking for an innovative, hands-on leader and team-player with business acumen to help grow the TMZ Tour business. The ideal candidate must have sales, marketing, operations, and financial reporting experience.
This position reports to TMZ’s executive management. The role requires office work in Playa Vista, CA and Hollywood, CA.
- Develop and execute creative holiday campaigns and other special events on an as needed basis.
- Work with finance team to project, track, and report annual revenues and expenses.
- Create multi-channel digital campaigns to drive sales, and continually analyze campaign performance to optimize tour growth.
- Identify, develop, and track new product performance and business opportunities.
- Work with management team and tour partners to develop new tour opportunities in additional markets.
- Work with management team to set growth targets and track performance against targets.
- Work with marketing team to identify integrations and other revenue opportunities.
- Assist Tour Director with Tour operations on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing or business development role, preferably in the travel/tourism industry or hospitality
- Working knowledge of digital marketing tools such as Google Adwords, Omniture, and social media tools
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- The ability to problem solve, communicate effectively and exhibit proper judgment in a variety of situations is a must.
- Ability to ensure the guest experience is of the highest quality
- Possess business knowledge in all areas, including general accounting (budgeting and finance), legal, loss prevention, employee relations and labor law
- Proficiency in various computer applications and software (spreadsheet, POS ticketing, employee scheduling, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and can-do attitude.
- Occasional travel and weekend work required.
- Understanding of the TMZ brand and an intuitive understanding of our Tour business
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $75,000.00-85,000.00 annually for California.