Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Manager, MSG Live will assist the Booking department, including the SVP, MSG Live, with tasks that are integral to the day-to-day operation of the department.
The Manager, MSG Live will assist the Booking department, including the SVP, MSG Live, with tasks that are integral to the day-to-day operation of the department. This will include but is not limited to on-sale calendar maintenance, acting as primary ticketing contact for all events, creating and manage scaling and show builds for all events, managing artist / promoter and venue holds, processing and managing house seats, and acting as primary point of contact for Ticketmaster on all day to day ticketing related issues for the department. This position will assist in working with existing clients and seeking new business opportunities. Role includes the negotiation of contracts and financial terms as well as oversight over all aspects of event implementation to ensure client satisfaction and retention. This position will assist in department reporting, data analysis and special projects.
Salary range: $83,000.00 – 115,000.00 / year
What will you do?
- Act as primary ticketing contact for all events
- Create and manage scaling and all show builds for all events
- Manage and process all tickets for artist / promoter and venue holds
- Act as primary point of contact for Ticketmaster for all ticketing related issues for the department
- Mentor team members and serve as point of escalation within the department
- Respond to, track, and assess the viability of booking inquiries for opportunities for The MSG Arena, The Theater at MSG, Radio City Music Hall, The Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. Maintain existing business and develop new business
- Oversee, supervise and execute the implementation of all secured event needs to ensure client satisfaction and retention
- On site management at venue day of event, as needed
- Directly supervises two (2) Coordinators
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong experience in the live entertainment industry (5 years + preferred)
- Proficient in Ticketmaster
- Experience in budgeting
- Knowledge of venue booking procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Flexibility – ability to multitask, interact with diverse entities
- Teamwork – ability to work across various departments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent self-motivational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to oversee events and interact with diverse and disparate personalities
- Ability to establish working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to identify problems and seek solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel