Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Manager, MSG Live will act as a secondary point of contact and primary day to day contact for all Special Events, Family Entertainment and Performing Arts shows in New York and Chicago.
The Manager, MSG Live will act as a secondary point of contact and primary day to day contact for all Special Events, Family Entertainment and Performing Arts shows in New York and Chicago. This position is responsible for the negotiation of contracts and financial terms as well as oversight over all aspects of the show to ensure client satisfaction and retention. This role will participate in the development and implementation of ad plan, creative, PR and group sales plan, ticketing builds, holds, pulls, and discounts. This role will manage all ticketing builds, holds, pulls, and discounts. The manager will also be responsible for all on-site activations including pre-show, merchandise and meet & greet set ups. This role is also responsible for booking Special Events that include, but are not limited to, Television Network up-fronts, corporate meetings, trade shows, seminars, fundraisers, film premieres, television and film shoots, private parties, and graduations.
What will you do?
· Respond to, track, and assess the viability of Special Event inquiries as well as Family Entertainment and Performing Arts show opportunities for The MSG Arena, The Theater at MSG, Radio City Music Hall, The Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre
· Manage over 120 shows per year and act as day-to-day contact for family show/theatrical promoters/ producers
· Responsible for family show/theatrical research and analysis per market to stay competitive and at the forefront of what is touring
· Responsible for working with the marketing/creative services/public relations/group sales teams on ad plan, artwork, internal assets & PR plan for each show
· Responsible for recommendations on on-sale timing, shows schedule, pricing, and discount strategy for each show
· Manage all ticket inventory for each show and assist with the processing of house seats
· Manage show files, insurance, marketing agreements, sponsor agreements and calendar hold
· Act as advance and day of show liaison between the Director, Concerts, Family Entertainment, Ticketing, promoter/producer, and touring company manager.
· Compile and distribute all pertinent information to Box Office on show builds. Facilitate and manage all ticket holds/pulls/releases, etc.
· Coordinate contact for production staff and tour. Manage and check all kills/releases.
· Provide the basis for legal documents, including contracts, recording agreements, show insurance, deal letters, contract preparation and execution and insurance certificates etc. for select shows
· Work on ticketing budgets
· Manage all aspects of financial administration of events including preparation of show budgets/proformas and show settlement, venue deposits, deposit letters, event budgets. Oversee and maintain budget accuracy from initial cost estimates with finance through final settlement maximizing AOCF opportunity
· On-site management at venue day of event, as needed and ensure proper team coverage on multi-event days
What do you need to succeed?
· 6-8 years’ experience in event industry
· Experience in event budgeting / contract negotiation
· Knowledge of live show booking procedures
· Excellent communication & project management skills
· Flexibility – ability to multitask, interact with diverse entities
· Teamwork – ability to work across various departments
· Excellent organizational & self-motivational skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to oversee events and interact with diverse and disparate personalities
· Ability to establish working relationships with people at all levels
· Strong knowledge of Ticketmaster systems & reporting