The NBCUniversal Page Program is the premiere rotational program that gives early career talent a well-rounded experience along with unmatched exposure to the media industry. In this role, you will contribute to many aspects of the Page Program, from helping Pages start their year off successfully to ensuring they feel supported throughout their experience. You will play a pivotal role in developing the future leaders of NBCU.
The NBCUniversal Page Program is the premiere rotational program that gives early career talent a well-rounded experience along with unmatched exposure to the media industry. Pages are based out of New York, NY (the East Coast Page Program) and Universal City, CA (the West Coast Page Program). NBCU Pages get the opportunity to contribute to big, new ideas and trailblaze the future of our company and industry through 3 18-week robust assignment experiences and a job placement period.
The Page Program is part of the broader NBCUniversal Early Careers team, which also supports the NBCU Internship Program. In this role, you will contribute to many aspects of the Page Program, from helping Pages start their year off successfully to ensuring they feel supported throughout their experience. You will play a pivotal role in developing the future leaders of NBCU.
The Page Program operates 3 cycles per year, so most of the below responsibilities will happen with that same frequency. Learn more about the Page Program at nbcunicareers.com/pageprogram or check out @nbcupageprogram on Instagram.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the rotational development experience for approximately 40-50 Pages based in LA. You will be a jack of all trades HR professional to support the full West Coast Page experience, wearing many hats from coach to manager to talent developer to recruiter. Key responsibilities include assignment development, curation and management; assessment and selection of incoming Pages; facilitating early career professional development content; coaching and developing early career talent and working with the businesses to connect graduated Pages to open roles at the company. The Manager must also handle sensitive employee and performance issues / concerns in partnership with HR when necessary.
In order to be successful, you must possess strong relationship building and partnership skills, a high degree of professional maturity and have a passion for coaching and developing early career talent. You must also be able to connect the future of the program with the future needs of NBCUniversal and work across a matrixed team of HR & Talent professionals and business leaders. Lastly, you must have a knack for building and cultivating a fun culture that is inclusive, welcoming and grounded in professional development. In this role, you will report to the Director of the National Page Program (who is based in NY) and directly supervise the Coordinator, West Coast Page Program.
- Act as general manager for the West Coast Page Program, which includes overseeing all West Coast Pages and all program processes and operations
- Serve as primary 1-1 development coach and manager for all West Coast Pages conducting regular check in meetings focused on their development and performance, and handling sensitive situations with care
- Facilitate West Coast recruitment process, responsible for decision making and final selection of WC Pages
- Execute, in partnership with the greater Page team, a robust 2-week, in-person onboarding experience for 10-15 West Coast Pages onsite 3x per year
- Facilitate assignment placement process 3x a year in close partnership with Page Supervisors, Pages, and HR
- Support and coach Grad Pages to promote placement into future roles at the company post-Program
- Partner with Manager, East Coast Page Program to ensure consistent and optimal “national” Page experience
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the West Coast program and experience in several aspects, including culture, operations, Page engagement opportunities, etc.
- Serve as Page Program/NBCU policy expert and appropriately field ER issues
- Act as cultural ambassador of the company and role model to Pages, helping them seamlessly integrate and acclimate to NBCUniversal
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews for departing Pages, tracking feedback and identifying trends; collect and analyze data to report up to leadership; make recommendations based on insights.
- Support other early career needs and Internship Program as needed
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 6 years of experience in HR, Recruiting, Talent Development, Program Management, Diversity and Inclusion or Program Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a HR Generalist or Specialist role
- Previous experience managing full time employees
- Must be willing to work on-site in Universal City, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Who You Are:
- You run on empathy and do your best work when helping others, bringing out their best potential
- You have experience working with talent early in their career and have a passion for this important work
- You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are an expert problem solver who is comfortable working independently in ambiguity, while exercising a high level of integrity, respect, and professionalism at all times
- You are excited to join a team with an “all hands on deck” mentality
- You get things done using strong business acumen, insightful analytical skills, and superior process management skills while improving the way we do things along the way
- You have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment and remain flexible when business needs change
- You are able to quickly become a trusted partner, keeping a client-focused mindset and influence as needed
- You understand the balance between improving processes when needed and executing best practices
- You have a solid understanding and continued curiosity for media and entertainment and are energized by preparing early career talent for success in Hollywood and a continually evolving media landscape
- You like to have fun and talk about the TV shows and films you’re currently watching
This position has been designated as a hybrid opportunity, meaning that the position will report into the Universal City, CA location a minimum of three days per week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You may be required to report to the office on any weekday based on various Page Program needs.
Salary range: $85,000 - $110,000 (bonus eligible).