We are searching for a Managing Editor with leadership experience in a high volume, fast-paced newsroom. Oversee the editorial aspects of news production for KTVU’s broadcast television and digital platforms, including managing television anchors and reporters.
Come join the Bay Area’s top rated news station! KTVU FOX 2 is seeking individuals that have a respect for journalism and want to be part of the station’s best in class reporting, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes! Be part of a winning team with a diverse culture that believes in supporting, mentoring, and training our staff. We are searching for a Managing Editor with leadership experience in a high volume, fast-paced newsroom.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee the editorial aspects of news production for KTVU’s broadcast television and digital platforms, including managing television anchors and reporters. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, team-oriented leader with strong editorial judgement and persuasive written and oral communication skills who will work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director on the editorial direction of the newsroom. The Managing Editor:
- Starts each day with a vision for the day’s coverage, communicates that vision to everyone involved and sees through its execution
- Runs editorial meetings to ensure KTVU coverage is comprehensive, proactive, thoughtful and serves viewers well
- Sets high journalistic standards for the newsroom, maintains quality and works to ensure accuracy, fairness and diverse representation in all newscasts
- Oversees reporter and anchor assignments and schedules
- Works closely with all editorial teams to make sure newsroom is focused on digital goals
- Develops ideas for and executes news specials and investigations
- Plans and executes special coverage
- Establishes and cultivates positive relationships with outside agencies.
- Must be a strong communicator, detail-oriented and be able to meet deadlines within specific time constraints.
- Guides and directs producers and EPs in executing daily newscasts, approves copy and gives editorial guidance
- Coaches newsroom staff including EPs, producers, anchors and reporters
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in local TV news is required for this job as well as at least 3 years of news management experience.
- Significant experience as a line producer, executive producer and/or on-air reporter are all a plus.
- Familiarity with BitCentral, iNews and Edius are a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $130,000.00-150,000.00 annually for California.