Responsible for the operations and commercial success of Disney’s self-produced productions in the UK and for overseeing licensed productions across EMEA, including stage shows and arena-based Disney on Ice productions, under global license to Feld Entertainment. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract and requires you to be in the office 4 days per week.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
London, United Kingdom
Aug 24, 2023
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract and requires you to be in the office 4 days per week.
Responsible for the operations and commercial success of Disney’s self-produced productions in the UK and for overseeing licensed productions across EMEA, including stage shows and arena-based Disney on Ice productions, under global license to Feld Entertainment.
The Marketing team has for some years been divided into two groups – one managing owned and operated productions (UK) and the other, licensed productions. Within the last 12-18 months, the Marketing leader has blended the two teams together with good results. The team working on, say, FROZEN in the West End can share their knowledge with productions in Germany and planned productions in Holland and Spain. Whilst this approach allows for a timely sharing of new assets, it also provides good experience for the marketing teams who expand their knowledge to licensee management.
This new role, Marketing Coordinator, will be part of this new blended team and work primarily on FROZEN both in the UK and EMEA and then start to work across all productions.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities
Owned and Operated Productions (UK)
- Creates content for and manages implementation of social media channels.
- Monitors success/pick-up of DTG content and monitors DTG consumer-facing responses within social media channels.
- Coordinates flow of work across multiple agencies – print, media, social, TV including planning and execution of all content, new and in development.
- Coordinates summer campaign activity across West End
- Workswith press representatives to facilitate PR visits, including meetings, hospitality, backstage tours etc.
- Oversees maintenance of and updates for the production websites.
- Plans and implements special events in conjunction with marketing team.
- Assists in the procurement and management of marketing research, working with agencies and marketing team to ensure results are line with research findings.
- Assist with co-ordination and implementation of grassroots marketing efforts including Education Programme
- Supports Marketing Supervisor with the maintenance of marketing budget and ensures POs are raised and paid in a timely manner. Works at all times within the assigned budgets.
- DTG EMEA supports the marketing efforts of our licensed productions EMEA, there are currently 9 major productions in EMEA being supported:
- GERMANY – The Lion King, Frozen, Tarzan and Hercules
- FRANCE – The Lion King
- HOLLAND – Aida, Frozen
- SPAIN – The Lion King, Aladdin
This position will be responsible for the following areas:
- Coordinates/shares all appropriate material generated on owned/operated productions with the licensee marketing teams (social campaigns, tactics, brand etc).
- Supports Marketing Supervisor in approvals for licensee marketing material.
- Gains an understanding of the key EMEA markets and tailors materials to those markets.
The Experience We Require From You
- Experience within the live entertainment industry preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively while multitasking across numerous projects
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships
- Strong administration skills with solid accuracy
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Experience and an interest in a diverse range of live entertainment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint