Under the direction of the Supervisor, Master Control/NOC, you will ensure the accurate and successful operation of transmission output ensuring seamless delivery on all broadcast platforms and streams, prioritizing the assigned operational workload and maintaining best working practices.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Jan 24, 2024
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Master Control/NOC, you will ensure the accurate and successful operation of transmission output ensuring seamless delivery on all broadcast platforms and streams, prioritizing the assigned operational workload and maintaining best working practices. You will also manage the operation of end-to-end media management workflows used by the edit suites, live control rooms and non-live playout. This role requires you to have the availability to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift*
- Monitor and maintain the health and quality of all outbound transmission/streaming & inbound returns.
- Support additional live feeds and social media simulcast programming.
- Responsible for playout of all live and non-live channels
- Execute live streaming to multiple platforms.
- Monitor and interact with the system dashboards to ensure that systems and platform monitoring is fully functional, troubleshooting issues when they arise.
- Conduct routine QC checks on software, processes, equipment and all incoming and outgoing video and audio signals.
- Preparation, recording, ingest, archiving, restoring and general Asset Management of media workflows and storage systems.
- Perform service recovery according to set procedures during both server-based play out and live shows, informing all relevant departments via the ticketing system.
- Correct configuration and operation of all systems and applications in Media Operations including channel automation and routing, ensuring that the highest operational standards and agreed service levels are met.
- Provide technical and operational support for all new projects and proposals.
- Manage back-up programming for additional channels.
- Repair and maintain broadcast related equipment.
- First line investigation and resolution of technical and operational issues within the transmission and MAM environment and control room systems, still store, play out, graphics, cameras, robotics, switchers and routers.
- Report shift status, technical discrepancies and all operation issues are recorded in the ZEUS system.
- Carry out actions according to the procedure.
- Monitor NOC dashboard and troubleshoot all Broadcast network devices.
- Maintain a clean work area.
What You Bring
- College degree, technical school, Military training or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-3 years of recent engineering, control room, media operations or network operations experience in a television broadcast environment.
- Operate Media Operations Switcher and related equipment.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of both standard and high-definition broadcast video and audio signals.
- Experience in a server-based broadcast operation.
- Must have understanding of analog and digital signal chains, video and audio levels.
- Overall knowledge of the television production processes broadcast operations and technical production requirements.
- Work on elevated surfaces (lighting rafters- studio).
- Work in normal warehouse conditions, which may include hot/cold/dusty/loud environment.
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift*
Day, Evening, Overnight