The Strategy team is looking for a Summer 2023 MBA Intern who will provide strategic support on various projects covering HBO Max, discovery+ and direct-to-consumer initiatives.
Your New Role...
Partnering with executive leadership and operating areas, the Global Streaming Strategy team facilitates and supports strategic and operational planning. As part of the larger Streaming organization, the team executes on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to further the strategic priorities of our Streaming offerings, including HBO Max and discovery+. The Strategy team is looking for a Summer 2023 MBA Intern who will provide strategic support on various projects covering HBO Max, discovery+ and direct-to-consumer initiatives.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Support major initiatives to achieve the strategic goals of the HBO Max, discovery+ and the global Streaming businesses
• Research, track, and analyze industry and competitive trends; prepare summaries on key events impacting WarnerMedia and communicate insights to Streaming management
• Maintain advanced knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
Qualifications & Experience…
- Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
- Must be a first year MBA candidate
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Solid knowledge of PC/Mac, Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Highly organized and self-directed; able to keep on an assigned track with minimal direction
- Strong presentation development skills (design and verbal)
- Solid knowledge of social media with clear understanding of marketing principles
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic research methods and strategies preferred.
About the Internship Program...
- Our Summer 2023 program is a 11-12 Week Internship that will run from Monday, June 5th through Friday, August 25th, 2023
- Full time-schedule (35-40 hours/week) required
- Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for the duration of the internship program
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive salary. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Application deadline: 01/09/2023
What We Offer...
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What You Can Expect to Take Away from the Program...
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
Interviewing will take place from January through early February. A Warner Bros. Discovery WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $45 per hour USD.