Georgia Public Broadcasting’s (GPB) Radio Team is hiring a Morning Edition Host/Producer. The ME Host/Producer is a crucial position responsible for anchoring local morning broadcasts across GPB's statewide radio network.
Georgia Public Broadcasting’s (GPB) Radio Team is hiring a Morning Edition Host/Producer. The ME Host/Producer is a crucial position responsible for anchoring local morning broadcasts across GPB's statewide radio network. This position is pivotal in helping shape the identity of GPB as a community partner by seamlessly integrating local news, information, and local connections into NPR news programs. The successful candidate will exhibit strong hosting, interviewing, writing, and audio editing skills, while also demonstrating proficiency in creating content to be distributed across all platforms. This multifaceted role combines strong communication and skills with a deep commitment to delivering high-quality content
and fostering community engagement through public media. If you are a versatile, dedicated professional who understands the importance of public media to our communities, we invite you to apply and be part of the GPB team that continues to deliver impactful storytelling to the people of Georgia and Atlanta. The ME Host/Producer reports to the Vice President of News.
• Acts as the daily host of Morning Edition and other assignments as directed and creates content across various media formats, including audio, video, and digital.
• Produces programs for both online and on-air distribution and implements on-air promotional strategies established by the Program Director.
• Plans, stacks, and executes dynamic, engaging local breaks that captivate and inform audiences, featuring
promotional, informational, and news content from state and national partners as well as GPB's local newsroom.
• Represents GPB at station events and community forums, functioning comfortably as a public speaker.
• Operates and manages multiple interconnected broadcast systems and technologies such as Adobe Audition or other audio editing software, and Enco or other server-based audio clip playback systems.
• Writes compelling copy to promote top local and national stories and other GPB News priorities throughout the day and produces daily programming promos, weekly Audience Development promos, and fulfill other production needs, including voice work for promo copy.
• Regularly engages in two-way conversations with GPB News reporters and other news partners and participate in the daily news meeting and occasionally contributes to breaking news coverage and special coverage outside of regularly scheduled shifts.
• Collaborates closely with the Program Director and other team members to advance GPB's mission and goals.
• Knowledge and experience with voice work in a public radio setting is essential, or a related field of study, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
• Experience in non-profit or public media organizations is not required but highly desirable.
• Proficiency in creating diverse content for various media platforms, including radio, television, podcasts, and digital platforms, while aligning with marketing goals and meeting production standards and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee the entire content production cycle, including researching and selecting topics, and interview subjects, coordinating and conducting interviews, scriptwriting, and segment production.
• Experience in hosting and producing live on-air and online programming for regular, scheduled programs, ad hoc programs, and on-air and online fund drives.
• Ability to thrive in live and pre-recorded broadcast environments, even with limited preparation time.
• Ability to work with staff members on content development and multi-platform production and delivery.
• Keen awareness of digital industry trends to inform audience-building strategies.
• May have responsibilities related to managing social media content and providing guidance to temporary staff.