KETV, the ABC affiliate in Omaha, NE is looking for a Morning Executive Producer who can oversee newscasts in a faster–paced news environment. We need someone who can construct a vision for newscasts and manage a team towards the vision.
Greater Omaha Area
Feb 09, 2024
KETV, the ABC affiliate in Omaha, NE is looking for a Morning Executive Producer who can oversee newscasts in a faster–paced news environment. We need someone who can construct a vision for newscasts and manage a team towards the vision. You will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air, on mobile, and on social media. You are a pro when it comes to making decisions under the daily pressure and have a solid background in news producing. The Morning Executive Producer will recruit producers and work with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. You can handle Breaking News when it comes, and when it doesn't, oversee a compelling product that delivers interesting content to our viewers. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the ability to make those you oversee better. You will report to the News Director.
- Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts
- Research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories
- Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
- Manage, coach, and motivate producers, reporters, and video journalists
- Respond to breaking news
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
- Write compelling news stories in active voice
- Booth newscasts when needed
- Post stories and video on station website and on mobile
- Lead editorial meetings and pitch enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Perform administrative responsibilities including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing important feedback.
- Communicate with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
- Three years producing experience
- Have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually
- Coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- Summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Adobe Premier editing system
- Related military experience will be considered