RUN Studios, and it’s client partner, are seeking a Motion Designer to join on an approximate 6-month contract!
Greater Seattle Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Kansas City, Missouri Area, Greater New York City Area
Dec 15, 2022
The right candidate will be involved in projects from concept through delivery. This includes brainstorming, scripting, storyboarding, design, motion, editing, and final delivery. To succeed, you’ll need to be able to navigate the complexities of post-production for various formats of media (live-action video, 2D and 3D animation, GIF animation, etc). You will work closely with our art director, producer, and other production staff.
We are a small team, and are looking for a creative motion designer who can bring big ideas, help us continually raise the bar, and thrives in a creative team environment.
As a Motion Graphics Designer, You Will
- Execute deliverables through all phases of production (storyboard, animatic, design, motion, and final product)
- Edit video and audio as needed
- Manage and maintain prompt, thorough, professional communication with all team members and stakeholders
- Manage several assignments concurrently and report on their progress weekly
- Be open to sharing ideas, concepts, and best practices with the team
- Be willing to jump in on a shoot and help support production staff
- Some travel may be required
As an Applicant, You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in a deadline-driven environment, preferably in a creative agency or production company
- Experience creating pre-production materials including script, storyboard, and animatic
- Experience with character animation
- Experience creating or manipulating illustrations for animation with Adobe Illustrator
- Some experience with C4D
- Knowledge of video industry standard formats, and media management practices on Mac and PC platform and networked environments
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Execute strong video editorial using filmmaking principles (story, timing, traditional use of perspective, etc.) and visual design for graphic integration (typography, composition, color, etc.)
- Advanced skills in illustration
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and other video tools
- Experience streamlining video/animation post-production workflows
- Ability to write expressions in After Effects for the purposes of automation
Interested? Show us your stuff! Please provide your online portfolio that demonstrates a breadth and depth of video post-production and motion design skills.
Targeted pay rate is $40.00 - $75.00/hour, depending on experience.