As a key member of the design team, the Motion Designer is responsible for designing and executing motion and static creative solutions for Allen Media and The Weather Group properties and brands. This includes LIVE/editorial graphics, content for original programming, social and marketing executions.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 20, 2023
As a key member of the design team, the Motion Designer is responsible for designing and executing motion and static creative solutions for Allen Media and The Weather Group properties and brands. This includes LIVE/editorial graphics, content for original programming, social and marketing executions. A strong command of graphic design, motion, composition, color theory and core design principles will be employed to create compelling executions. Preference is for individuals with a proven history of effective communication, self-starters and critical design thinkers who can act with limited direction and creative oversight.
*Must include demo reel including current motion work to be considered for role*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create eye-catching motion graphics and animations
- Execute marketing and promotional designs across platforms
- Develop the look and feel of an assigned project; Design systems for long-form content
- Integrate animations and executions into LIVE broadcast graphics layout systems
- Refine requests into design solutions for all business partners
- Acute problem solving and an applied strategic design approach is critical in a fast-paced production environment
- Handle projects from beginning to end, creating inspiring solutions with tight, changing deadlines.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with motion graphic design, animation, and compositing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects.
- Preferred knowledge of After Effects MOGRTs for Adobe Premiere.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine a plus.
- Proficiency in C4D or comparable 3D program (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender) a plus.
- Foundational knowledge of motion techniques, animation, and filmmaking.
- Extensive knowledge of media management, compression/conversion, video formats, deliverables for web, broadcast and apps.
- Proficient motion and graphic design skills for logo, typography, and visual communication.
- An understanding of the motion design process from concept development, to storyboarding, to final execution.
- Ability to translate concepts into strong design executions with a clear design process that demonstrates creative thinking.
- Able to work with a team and follow creative direction.
- Takes initiative and can work with little or no direction if needed.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a variety of projects at once.
- Is adept at time management, nimble and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Is adaptable and comfortable in a changing environment.
- Has an eye and passion for detail.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent communication skills including documentation and client/customer.