The Motion Graphics Generalist will work closely with Producers/Creative Directors to create, conceptualize and deliver a wide variety of 2D motion & still graphics elements to support numerous TV and film projects as well as internal design tasks.
Unless specified below as an in-office/person position, this is a remote opportunity for the foreseeable future. All remote positions require applicants to have a reliable internet connection.
Ideal candidates are passionate about solving Motion and VFX problems in After Effects, nerding out over learning new plugins, expressions and techniques and have swiss-army knife skills to work in a variety of visual styles. This position is a contract position.
- Logo/Typography Design
- Concept Art and Design
- Title Card & Producer Card pitches, design and animation.
- 2D/3D Sign Replacement
- Visual FX
- Designing/Animating device UI for Cell phones, Desktops, Social Media, Text Messaging
- HUD and Computer UI Design and Animation
- 2D Character Design, Rigging and Animation
- Retro/Vintage Video and Film looks
- Insert Graphics/News Fonts
- Strong design conceptualization and problem solving skills
- Versatility to replicate/emulate a variety of styles using After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator while working in a fast paced visual effects production environment.
- Working knowledge of 3D animation and comfort and familiarity with Third-Party AE Plugins (Trapcode, Video Copilot).
- Working knowledge of VFX techniques inside and outside of After Effects including keying, roto, tracking, stabilization and integration.
- Candidates may be required to take and pass a short Designer Test based on experience and reel.
- Ideal candidates will have practical knowledge and experience with the following plugins:
- Trapcode Suite (Particular, Form, Tao, etc)
- Video Copilot (Element 3D, Optical Flares, Saber)
- DuIK, Rubberhose, Joysticks and Sliders