KFMB– CBS 8, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in San Diego, is searching for a Multi-Platform Producer who can organize and coordinate news operations as well as assist in creation and distribution of engaging, compelling content across all digital and social platforms.
Greater San Diego Area
Dec 13, 2022
This role will be a content creator, directly writing for our digital platforms, producing streaming media and will help execute the vision of newsroom producers and editors. The role requires a focus on news gathering and multi-platform storytelling across broadcast, online and social platforms.
This person will work closely with members of the entire news organization. This person must be able to multi-task, using proprietary databases, government information systems, social media and digital tools to research and discover stories. This role requires exceptional organizing and planning skills.
- Aggressively confirm information about breaking news and dispatch crews with urgency
- Write online content in a captivating and authentic manner, following AP Style guidelines
- Use social media and digital tools, as well as traditional methods, to research, discover and flush out new content/story ideas
- Work closely with newsroom leadership to plan appropriate staffing for daily and future news gathering
- Set up stories and/or interviews for newscasts and/or digital platforms
- Proactively vet incoming news tips and coordinate story gathering
- Coordinate live streaming of news events online and on OTT, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3 years' experience working with news or communications related field
- Excellent AP writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing, and proofreading skills
- Passion and vision for emerging media, ability to pivot based on new technology and processes Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Comfortable meeting multiple deadlines per day
- Flexible with shift assignments, ability to work all dayparts and weekends
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and timely
- Sense of urgency with breaking news
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.