KXTV/ABC10, a TEGNA company in Sacramento, is looking for a Multi-Platform Producer to create digital content, shoot and edit video along with operating live shots, and write for newscasts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Sacramento, California Area
Aug 16, 2023
KXTV/ABC10, a TEGNA company in Sacramento, is looking for a Multi-Platform Producer to create digital content, shoot and edit video along with operating live shots, and write for newscasts. We’re looking for self-starting journalists who are eager to tell the next big story. Ideally, this candidate would have great people skills and the ability to develop great sources and contacts. They possess social media skills and how to mine social data to find important stories. They know how to shoot and edit video to best tell compelling visual stories.
A successful candidate will be able to react calmly and competently to breaking news, showcase solid news judgment, strong news writing and copy-editing skills, as well as social media experience. Qualified candidates will have experience shooting video, posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Use social media mining tools (Crowd Tangle, Tweet Deck, Facebook) to discover unique content
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
- Conduct interviews with story characters and newsmakers
- Shoot and edit video, including breaking news
- Operate live video equipment
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Write stories for newscasts
- Research stories for facts and credibility
- Editing and managing video on digital platforms
- Coordinate live stream of news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Ensure our homepage is reflective of the most high-interest stories, featuring the most current imagery and latest information
- Sourcing, confirming, and disseminating information necessary for the news operation
- Coordinating multiple crews and breaking stories simultaneously
- Researching stories for facts and credibility
- Organizing press releases and maintaining relationships with public relations representatives
- Perform other tasks as required by news managers
Job Requirements: $51K - $57K Salary D.O.E.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- A deep knowledge AP style, grammar and punctuation.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Understanding of how to use audience analytics tools like Crowdtangle, Taboola, Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Strong social media skills, on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premiere and Photoshop a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events