13WMAZ is looking for a Multi-Platform Producer to help redefine the way local news is covered. We’re looking for self-starting journalists who are eager to discover the next big story.
Ideally, this candidate would have great people skills and the ability to develop great sources and contacts. They possess social media skills and know how to mine social data to find and develop stories.
- Use social media mining tools (Crowd Tangle, Tweet Deck, Facebook) to discover unique content.
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations.
- Research stories for facts and credibility.
- Enterprise and develop news stories.
- Respond to viewer phone calls and emails.
- Organize press releases and maintain relationships with public relations coordinators.
- Use consumer analytics in determining on-air content.
- Coordinate crews and breaking stories simultaneously.
- Shoot, edit and write news stories for all platforms (on-air, online, social media) when needed.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Organizational skills and ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.