KMTV, the CBS station in Omaha, NE, and the E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Multimedia Journalist. The Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Omaha Area
Jan 29, 2024
KMTV, the CBS station in Omaha, NE, and the E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Multimedia Journalist. The Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms. This journalist will further our station’s mission of telling important stories of the day. Omaha consistently makes top 10 lists for best places to raise a family and best city for millennials. It’s the largest city in Nebraska, the place where modern-day cake mix and the Reuben Sandwich were invented, and home to one of the best Zoo’s in the U.S. Come work in the city that Yahoo! Finance calls one of the most affordable places to live. Apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Evaluate news leads and news tips, develop and pitch story ideas daily.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Go live from sites of stories or events when assigned.
- Create packaged reports for air daily.
- Work cooperatively with photographers assigned to stories, if assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit, and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Computer literacy required including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.