WLEX, the NBC affiliate owned by The E.W. Scripps Company in Lexington, KY is looking for a talented and enterprising Multimedia Journalist. The MMJ will research, pitch, and fully cover stories that make a difference in the region.
Live Event / On Location Services
Lexington, Kentucky Area
Feb 02, 2024
WLEX, the NBC affiliate owned by The E.W. Scripps Company in Lexington, KY is looking for a talented and enterprising Multimedia Journalist. The MMJ will research, pitch, and fully cover stories that make a difference in the region. The right candidate will strive to break stories and lead the market. This is not an entry-level position. Come join an exceptional news team with supportive leadership. Apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
· Pitch, shoot, write, track, and edit compelling enterprise and real-time stories.
· Confirm accuracy of information before broadcasting, publishing, or posting stories.
· Dig for stories that impact local communities.
· Produce packaged reports and go live from the scene when necessary.
· Help producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound to showcase from your stories.
· Publish and post stories and updates to the station website and social media sites.
· Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story if one is assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
· Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
· Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
· Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
· Knowledge of broadcast-quality camera equipment
· Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
· Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills
· Proficient at posting content to various websites
· Self-motivated and able to work in a deadline-driven environment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Valid driver's license and good driving record required, in addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required