WMAR, the ABC affiliate in Baltimore, MD, owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a Multimedia Journalist. The Multimedia Journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Baltimore, Maryland Area
Jun 05, 2023
WMAR, the ABC affiliate in Baltimore, MD, owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a Multimedia Journalist. The Multimedia Journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms. WMAR is an award-winning station with a great news team and outstanding management. Baltimore is a top 30 market with a thriving community. It pulls in more than 25-million visitors a year to enjoy the rich history of the region and the attractions. The city is home to the Baltimore Orioles, Johns Hopkins University, Under Armour, American Sugar Refining, and McCormick & Company to name a few. Foodies love it for Old Bay Seasoning and crab cakes. Baltimore is a hopping place with a growing tech industry. Apply for this job and the opportunity to tell the stories of this incredible city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
- Pitch, shoot, write, edit, and track compelling enterprise and real time stories.
- Confirm accuracy of information before publishing, posting, or broadcasting stories.
- Pitch stories that impact local communities.
- Produced packaged reports and live from the scene when necessary.
- Help news producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound and showcasing elements.
- Cover breaking news as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Computer literacy required including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.