WTMJ, NBC station in Milwaukee owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. The MMJ is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms.
Greater Milwaukee Area
Feb 01, 2024
WTMJ, NBC station in Milwaukee owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. Join an award-winning news operation in the largest city in Wisconsin, along the shores of Lake Michigan. The city is home to a handful of Fortune 500 Companies, a booming brewery scene, arts and culture galore, and the kinds of stories you'll be eager to tell. You'll live and work in a city with Major League sports teams, including the World Champion Milwaukee Bucks! The MMJ is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms. Come join a strong team with excellent leadership in a beautiful part of the country.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appear on television when presenting packaged stories.
- Go live from events or mobile broadcast unit.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Differentiate content on a variety of digital platforms from Facebook to Instagram to the station's website.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit, and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Generally 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Computer literacy required including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and social media platforms.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.