Produce, write, shoot, and edit sports content for digital and linear platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Seattle Area
Aug 18, 2023
- Produce, write, shoot, and edit sports content for digital and linear platforms.
- Monitor sporting events and gather video directly from source or from feeds.
- Edit sports highlights and gather scores.
- Communicate production needs to Directors and Production teams.
- Maintain open communication with News Director, the news management team, and all station personnel to efficiently, respectfully, and professionally complete news assignments.
- Work closely with Assignment Desk staff to coordinate live shots and Reporter and Photographer assignments.
- Provide direction and talent instruction to crews in the field and in studio.
- Collaborate about changes with Executive Producer prior to air and during newscasts.
- Develop and oversee sports specials including live and taped material.
- Manage daily production of newscasts by compiling and writing stories, logging video, etc. within specific time constraints to meet news deadlines.
- Collaborate with web/social media team to coordinate coverage for online and on-air stories.
- Quickly add appropriate information to newscasts in the event of breaking news.
- Produce unscheduled breaking news or other items as events warrant.
- Attend and participate in department meetings. Provide suggestions for news related stories and participate in post-production critiques.
- Demonstrate responsibility for all equipment issued by FOX.
- Comply with all FOX Corporate computer requirements.
- Comply with all FOX Corporate and station policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in desktop editing, video journalism for news broadcast, and newsroom programs like iNews or ENPS
- Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work under daily pressure and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- This is a full-time position on a regular shift, but covering sports requires adhering to team and season schedules, which include games or matches in evenings or on weekends.
Education and Experience
- One (1) year of experience in a medium to major television market is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Radio/TV or related discipline preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Regularly stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $70,000.00-80,000.00 annually for Washington.