This News Assistant role is part of CNN’s Image+Sound Production Services unit.
Greater Atlanta Area
Mar 23, 2023
This team provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN’s storytelling. This role is on the front lines of broadcast production for CNN Domestic, and CNN International, working directly with CNN Anchors around the world.
Your Role Accountabilities …
· Collaborating with CNN, and CNNI, control room staff and show teams
· Operating teleprompter for all CNN broadcast platforms.
· Printing and running scripts for CNN anchors.
· Supporting CNN’s television platforms’ daily production.
· Working with CNN’s world class journalists.
· Working in fast-paced, pressure-filled, 24x7x365 control room and studio environments.
· News Assistants have the opportunity to gain sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities and participate in growth and development opportunities
· This role is Atlanta based and does NOT support remote work options.
Qualifications & Experience …
· Bachelor’s degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience
· Ability to successfully work in high pressure situations.
· Ability to handle covering disturbing news stories.
· Ability to stay focused for long periods of time.
· A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
· A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
· Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
· Strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills; bi-lingual in another language is a plus
· Ability to work a variety of schedules, including overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Day, Evening, Overnight