KSN News is looking for a full-time news photojournalist and video editor. Position requires daily work in the field, shooting news, weather and sports content and work in the newsroom to edit videos and prepare for broadcast or digital publishing.
Live Event / On Location Services
Wichita, Kansas Area
Dec 06, 2023
KSN News is looking for a full-time news photojournalist and video editor. Position requires daily work in the field, shooting news, weather and sports content and work in the newsroom to edit videos and prepare for broadcast or digital publishing. Individuals with interest in developing their skills into a multi-media journalist/reporter position should also apply, as there are opportunities for hybrid roles.
- Shoot video in the field, including interviews, this can be solo or with a reporter
- Gathers and organizes raw and edited video into files according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming
- Reviews all video for accuracy and adherence to station standards
- Operate live equipment in the field, including live backpacks; experience with ENG/SNG vehicles a plus
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete stories
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects
- Maintains assigned photography/editing equipment
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and able to handle multiple assignments under deadline
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Hybrid role as a multi-media journalist would include reporting, shooting, writing, editing, feeding news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Fluency in English, bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video editing equipment
- Proficiency with video editing equipment, experience with Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate newsroom computer systems, editing and camera equipment.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel within the local market will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.