Produce, organize, and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in Houston #4 Spanish DMA/# 8 General Market.
Houston, Texas Area
Feb 16, 2023
- Produce, organize, and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in Houston #4 Spanish DMA/# 8 General Market.
- Work closely with the Assistant News Director, Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors.
- Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- Follow stations news philosophy of Breaking News, Breaking Weather, and Responde (Consumer investigative).
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
- Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins.
- Be able to react to breaking news, change rundown, accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy. Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms such as Linear, Fast Channels, digital, and OTT
- Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, VJ’s and production crews) to improve story and presentation
- Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
- Ability to work long hours if required in a news environment.
- Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
- Understands and follows all Telemundo News standards and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by VP News, Assistant News Director, & Executive Producer
- A Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
- Must have an excellent command of the English & Spanish language: spelling, and grammar
- Able to work a Flexible Schedule and shifts, weekend, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work at the station in Houston, Texas #4 Spanish DMA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Recognize what viewers want to see on multiple platforms.
- Has a great understating of all social platforms.
- Ability to direct the news crew in a "producer-driven” environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- A producer who is creative, who can showcase content in new & inventive ways
- A strong sense of urgency for breaking news.
- Great communicator on copy and with MMJ’s.
- Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
- Up to date on and interested in current news events.
- Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.