NewsNation is looking for a Line Producer to be the control room producer for a forthcoming news program.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 16, 2023
The successful candidate must understand national news, politics, and international news and know how to best tell stories which inform a national audience. The producer plays a lead role in managing creation of the show's rundown and facilitates the production process from the daily pitch meeting to the execution of the live show in the control room collaborating with editorial and production staff throughout the day. The position must be onsite at the network's studios in New York City.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Skilled at ENPS and able to build rundowns for regular programming as well as breaking news and special programming
- Works with director and production crew on technical aspects of broadcast
- Writes scripts including but not limited to opens, and teases
- Facilitates creation of in-show graphics and story titles
- Works with executive producer and senior producer to copy edit show
- Time newscast in the control room during live broadcast
- Coordinates with assignment desk and control room staff being proactive about troubleshooting problems and responding to breaking news
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Five to ten years of producing experience with network or top 20 market experience preferred
- Strong writing, organizational, and people skills are vital
- Desktop editing is a must.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills who brings lots of ideas to the table.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $120,000 annualized