The NewsNation Segment Producer for Morning in America is responsible for contributing story ideas, compiling elements, and crafting stories and segments on a variety of topics ranging from domestic to international news.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Jul 26, 2023
The NewsNation Segment Producer for Morning in America is responsible for contributing story ideas, compiling elements, and crafting stories and segments on a variety of topics ranging from domestic to international news. The Segment Producer works with the Executive Producer, Senior Producers, Line Producers, and Booking Producers to help accurately and truthfully relay stories and make them part of engaging and insightful broadcasts. This position is based in Chicago. This position requires the producer to work an overnight shift from 1am-9am Monday - Friday. This is for a temporary assignment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research topics using the Internet, video archives, and other information sources
- Select strongest possible elements to help best tell stories
- Write clear, compelling and strong editorial copy
- Assist in preparing and executing live, compelling television newscasts.
- Keep Executive Producer and Senior Producer apprised of developments of stories
Requirements & Skills:
- Five or more years experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Exhibit strong news judgment
- Handle stress, including short deadlines
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work assigned shifts and be on call during overnights, mornings and weekends/holidays
- Perform other tasks as assigned by news management