NewsNation is looking for an Segment Producer to join the growing team for News Nation’s ‘Rush Hour.’
Greater Chicago Area
Mar 22, 2022
The Segment Producer is responsible for helping to research and report stories, gather editorial elements, build graphics, liaise with reporters and assignment desk to create segments for assigned shows.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and pitch stories
- Gather editorial elements including video, audio and user-generated content
- Build and copy edit graphics and banners
- Work with correspondent on executing live shots
- Liaise with the assignment desk to facilitate requests for elements and or affiliate live shots
Requirements & Skills:
- Two-three years’ experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people.
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Exhibit strong news judgment
- Handle stress, including short deadlines.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts and be on call during overnights, mornings and weekends/holidays
- Perform other tasks as assigned by news management.
Day, Evening, Overnight